Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: PMMVY Eligibility, features, Benefits, Objectives, Registration @pmmvy-cas.nic.in As the poor health of women in our nation is evident to all citizens, the government of India launched the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana to provide Maternity benefits to malnourished mothers.
It is pointless to argue that a malnourished woman would give birth to a frail and underweight baby. In India, about 22.9% of women aged 15 to 29 are underweight, while 51.4% of women of reproductive age are anemic. Because this data is quite alarming, the government decided to take this step and alleviate the worsening health status of women by providing them with financial assistance through the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana.
On January 1, 2017, the Ministry of Women and Child Development launched the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) scheme. It intended to provide monetary support to pregnant and lactating mothers to help them fulfill their nutritional needs while also compensating them for wage loss. The Central Government, states, and union territories with legislature split the expense of this plan in a 60:40 ratio.
Objectives of PMMVY
The government has always worked hard and devised new methods and programmes to guarantee that women’s nutrition and children’s health are as excellent as possible. The Indian Ministry of Women and Child Development has devised this scheme to benefit mothers, with the following objectives:
To provide partial compensation to women for the wages they have lost while taking rest for pre and post-pregnancy.
Providing monetary incentives to pregnant women in installments to satisfy their nutritional needs and improve their health
Following are the target beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- All pregnant and lactating women, except those who are permanent employees of the central government, state governments, public sector unions, who are already receiving benefits under another law
- All pregnant women and lactating mothers expecting their first child on or after January 1, 2017, are eligible.
- A beneficiary’s pregnancy date and stage would be counted concerning her LMP date as shown on her MCP card.
- In the instance of a stillbirth or miscarriage,
- A recipient is only entitled to benefits once under the plan.
- The beneficiary is entitled to the remaining installment.
- The beneficiary will only be eligible to claim for the remaining installment on her second pregnancy if she miscarries during her first pregnancy.
- In the event of infant mortality, a recipient is only entitled to payments once under the plan. That is, if she has previously received all installments of the maternity benefit under PMMVY, she will be ineligible to collect payments under the programme in the event of infant mortality.
- Pregnant and lactating AWWs/ AWHs/ ASHAs may also be eligible for PMMVY benefits if they meet the scheme’s requirements.
Benefits of the Scheme
- A cash incentive of Rs 5000 is available in three installments: the first installment of Rs 1000 for early pregnancy registration at an Anganwadi Centre (AWC) / authorised Health facility as identified by the respective administering State / UT. The second installment of Rs 2000 for receiving at least one ante-natal check-up (ANC) after six months of pregnancy, and Rs 2000 after childbirth as the third installment.
- The qualified recipients would get the Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) incentive for institutional delivery, and the JSY incentive would be credited to maternity benefits, such that a woman would earn Rs 6000 / – on average (including 5000 of cash incentives).
- Within 150 days of the last menstrual cycle, submit the following documents:
- Fill the Form 1A completely
- MCP Card Copies
- A photocopy of your ID
- Account passbook from a bank or post office
- The following documents must be submitted for the second installment within 180 days after the last menstrual period:
- Application Form 1 B, duly completed
- A copy of the MCP Card
- Form 1C, properly completed
- A copy of the applicant’s Aadhar Card
- A copy of the MCP Card
- Copy of child’s Certificate of Birth Registration
Official Website: www.wcd.gujarat.gov.in
- Visit the official website of PMMVY pmmvy-cas.nic.in/ and fill in your login credentials.
- If there is a new registration, the beneficiary must register at an AWC/approved Health institution by completing Form 1A. This form must be filled, together with the appropriate document and consent signed by the applicant and her spouse.
- While filling out the form 1A, the beneficiary will be required to provide her and her husband’s Aadhaar numbers, as well as their written consents, Mobile Number, and her Bank/Post Office account details.
- Now, the beneficiary will be able to avail the benefits of the first installment.
- To take advantage of the second installment, go to the official website and click on the “second installment” link, then fill out form 1B
- Finally, to apply for the benefit of the third installment after the childbirth again, log in to pmmvy-cas.nic.in/ and fill in form 1C after clicking on the “third installment” tab.
સરકારી યોજનોઓ અને સરકારી નોકરી ની જાણકારી માટે જોઈન કરો આ વોટ્સએપ https://chat.whatsapp.com/DMpfJFqMucyKERqwbHWEoo
ફેસબુક પેજ લાઈક અને ફોલોવ કરો
અમારી ન્યૂઝ સાથે બન્યા રહો વોટ્સએપ ગ્રુપ માં જોડાવા નીચે આપેલી લિંક પર ક્લિક કરો અને અમારું ફેસબુક પેજ લાઈક અને ફોલોવ કરો
વોટ્સએપ 1 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 2 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 3 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 4 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 5 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 6 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 7 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 8 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 9 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 10 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 11 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 12 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 13 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 14 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 15 : Whatsapp
વોટ્સએપ 16 : Whatsapp
ફેસબુક પેજ – Facebook