Account holders of PM Jan Dhan Yojana
PM Jan Dhan Yojana, run by the central government, is known for providing financial assistance and facilities to villagers and disabled people. Now the government is expanding it further, under which the account holders will get up to Rs 10,000 in this scheme.
In fact, PM Jan Dhan Yojana account holders can withdraw up to Rs 10,000 even if there is no balance in the account. For this, the account holders have to apply to the bank and take a loan of overdraft i.e. Rs 10,000 on their account.
Simply put, if you open a Jan Dhan account, even if you don’t have any money in your account, you can withdraw an additional Rs 10,000 from your account through an overdraft. The maximum age for this overdraft facility is 65 years. However, keep in mind that only those whose Jan Dhan account is at least 6 months old can avail this overdraft facility. If this does not happen, the account holders will be given an overdraft of Rs 2,000 only.
Benefits of PM Jan Dhan Yojana
- Under PM Jan Dhan Yojana, you can open your account with zero balance in any nearby bank, post office or nationalized banks.
- There is no obligation of minimum balance in the accounts under this scheme.
- This earns interest on the deposited amount.
- Along with this, an accident insurance of up to 1 lakh rupees is provided.
- In case of death of the beneficiary, an insurance cover of Rs 30 thousand is available.
- The account holder gets an overdraft facility of up to Rs 10,000.
- Under this, Rupay Debit Card facility is provided, through which you can withdraw money from the account and also make purchases.
- Amount of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana) can also come to Jan Dhan account.
- Apart from this many government schemes including Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana (PM Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana), Kisan Pension Yojana and PM Gramin Awas Yojana (PM Awas Yojana) can be availed through Jan Dhan Account.
What is the delay in such a situation, if you have not opened a PM Jan Dhan account so far, open it immediately. Many facilities are provided to its account holders. You can apply for Jan Dhan account by visiting the official website pmjdy.gov.in.